Tikal is Guatemala’s pride and joy… And this isn’t without merit since it is considered one of the largest archaeological sites and urban centers of the pre-Columbian Maya Civilization. It is absolutely AMAZING!
The Maya began building this monumental ancient city around 600 B.C. and at its peak some 1,500 years ago, it was a wealthy metropolis, home to an estimated 100,000 Mayas, as well as an important religious, scientific, and political center.
The site is located within a national park that is comprised of 222 square miles of jungle that is home to an abundance of wildlife – such as coatis, pacas, tyras, armadillos and ocellated turkeys.
Tikal Temple II
The Great Plaza at Tikal
You will find yourself transported back in time
Tikal Day Trip from Belize:
The Tikal Belize tour leaves at 7:30AM from San Ignacio (your hotel location) and everyone usually gets back by 5PM. From the Belize-Guatemala border, it takes 1.5 hours to arrive in Tikal.
- 1-3 persons =
$150 USD, now $140 USD
- 4 persons and up =
$140 USD, now $130 USD
Included in the price is:
- A special Guatemalan tour guide (Belizean guides aren’t allowed to guide in Guatemala.)
- Tikal Park entrance fee which is approximately $25 USD
- Water and sodas
- $18.75 USD border management fee (everyone pays this when they exit Belize – children under 12 are exempted.)
Things to bring on tour:
- A valid passport
- Spending cash for souvenirs (US currency is accepted)
- Bug spray
- Light hiking shoes is best but closed toe sandals are ok
- Hat and sunglasses?
- The best Mayan Ruins in Belize
- The Rise and Fall of the Ancient Maya
- Interesting Facts About The Ancient Maya
- Maya Creation Myth
- A Short Briefing On Maya Architecture
Request a quote:
Terms and conditions:
*This is not considered a private tour. The guide has the option of accepting a few more people to go on this trip.
*No charges for infants ages 2 and under
*1/2 price for kids ages 3-5
*Children 6 years and older pay full prices on all tours.
*Prices are based on a minimum of 2 persons, single pay rate of 2.
*US$18.75 Departure tax for Tikal tour is not included
Submit your review