I have a tape of jungle sounds. Sometimes I put it into my computer when I’m working. It starts in silence, then dawn creeps across it like light across a sky. The trills of nameless birds, the croaks and cheeps of cicadas and tree frogs – the sounds of the Belizean rainforest are as evocative […]
About Pauline FiskPauline Fisk is a writer based in England. Her novel about Belize, ‘In the Trees’ is published by Faber & Faber. Extracts from her Belize travel journal can be found by visiting her website.
Author Archive | Pauline Fisk
I was sitting in a jungle clearing in the Chiquibul Forest Reserve. My companions had gone down to the river to bathe, leaving me alone. The undergrowth rustled and disembodied faces suddenly appeared, followed by sub-machine guns clutched in arms swathed in camouflage gear. The Belize Defense Force soldiers (BDF) stared at me and I stared back. […]
DO NOT COPY posts without written approval. Email lorenzo[at]belizeadventure[dot]ca
- Funny Beliefs And Superstitions Of Belize October 18, 2012
- I Hate Belize… Belize City To Be More Specific September 22, 2012
- Belize On The Cheap March 22, 2013
- Kriol, The Lingua Franca of Belize March 28, 2012
- Belize Gets A New Logo! Yay or Nay? January 15, 2013
- How to make Hudut, a classic traditional Garifuna food November 25, 2013
- 30 ways to save money on a Belize vacation November 19, 2013
- The story behind Ambergriscaye.com November 12, 2013
- Preview of the Beautiful Belizean Women that make up the 2014 Belikin Beer Calendar November 8, 2013
- Belizean Music is Simple, yet Extraordinary November 5, 2013
- Placencia\'s Best Food Spots - Belize Adventure ...: […] Placencia isn't only known for it...
- Michelle Williams: No hostels in placencia? I want to spend a week th...
- Belize Blog: Gonna have to skip the bender but the Sweet Ting r...
- Kevin: Tikal in Guatemala is a really nice destination....
- What It\'s Really Like To Dive The Great Blue Ho...: […] “Belize's Great Blue Hole is ...