I know Marty because he runs Ambergriscaye.com, the largest resource for information on Belize. The website is massive; it ranges from recommendations on things to do, where to go, photos, early history, economics, real estate and published research studies to name a few. I decided to interview Marty because I hope more people realise the […]
Archive | Ambergris Caye RSS feed for this section
Here I am including a list of what I consider the best luxury hotels in Belize right now. Each place has something unique to offer, whether they are a hip boutique hotel with all the modern comforts and world class amenities or a rustic Eco haven in the middle of nowhere. If you think that […]
Belize is blessed with unique and outstanding monuments that receive worldwide recognition, the most popular being the Belize Blue Hole. Since Belize is still relatively unknown, these natural wonders remain unspoiled, but this is not only because of a low count of tourists arrivals; this is due to regulations that have been implemented by the […]
Backpacking in Belize can be both enjoyable and budget friendly if you follow a few basic tips. Belize is ideally located in Central America yet it’s more like a Caribbean island. The country is small, safe, easy to explore and locals are friendly and helpful. Luckily, it’s also an English speaking country. Just make sure […]
I thank social media for knowing someone as awesome as Kirsten. If I remember correctly, I met her via twitter a few years ago - mobile photography was a new thing, and I loved her photos. But what I like the most about her is that she’s super friendly and always up for a good chat […]
The typical Blue Hole trip in Belize is most often followed up by a lesser advertised, yet more spectacular dive site known as Half Moon Caye Wall. Most dive boats take about 25 minutes to get to this site, the short trip is part of your surface interval after the Blue Hole dive. What makes this […]
Confession: When I first came to Belize, I could not figure out why cars kept honking at me. Did I just drop something? Was I accidentally walking in their way? Or was it just harass the gringo time? When I finally asked a Belizean friend, she got a good laugh, because all those cars were […]
The 21st edition of the International Costa Maya Festival took place on Thursday, August 1 to Sunday, August 4, 2013. This event took place in San Pedro and one of the main attractions was the Reina de la Costa Maya pageant. Since I was the official photographer of the event, I would love to share […]
Everyone can agree with me that when you’re on vacation, there isn’t anything quite like hanging out by the beach, a cold drink in hand, gentle wind hitting your face, and gazing into the horizon as the sun glistens over the ocean or sea. And if you’re into sunsets (aren’t we all?), the perfect beach bar […]
From since I started blogging about Belize, one of the most frequently asked questions has been: why Belize? Why should someone choose to travel to Belize opposed to another place? For me, the reasons are pretty simple. A Belize vacation is relaxing and soothing. It’s also physically and mentally stimulating. Many visitors love it so […]
DO NOT COPY posts without written approval. Email lorenzo[at]belizeadventure[dot]ca
- Funny Beliefs And Superstitions Of Belize October 18, 2012
- I Hate Belize… Belize City To Be More Specific September 22, 2012
- Belize On The Cheap March 22, 2013
- Kriol, The Lingua Franca of Belize March 28, 2012
- Belize Gets A New Logo! Yay or Nay? January 15, 2013
- How to make Hudut, a classic traditional Garifuna food November 25, 2013
- 30 ways to save money on a Belize vacation November 19, 2013
- The story behind Ambergriscaye.com November 12, 2013
- Preview of the Beautiful Belizean Women that make up the 2014 Belikin Beer Calendar November 8, 2013
- Belizean Music is Simple, yet Extraordinary November 5, 2013
- Michelle Williams: No hostels in placencia? I want to spend a week th...
- Belize Blog: Gonna have to skip the bender but the Sweet Ting r...
- Kevin: Tikal in Guatemala is a really nice destination....
- What It\'s Really Like To Dive The Great Blue Ho...: […] “Belize's Great Blue Hole is ...
- Lorenzo Gonzalez: Thanks, Anita. RIP! :( I miss your comments here....