Learning to dive in Belize is easy and safe. For me, it was also quick; the first day involved an intensive PADI video training and on the second day I was ready to go on my first dive! The same can’t be said for everyone learning to dive as it all depends on how quick […]
Archive | Contributors RSS feed for this section
Belize, as tiny as it may be, is so varied in terrain and activities that you can spend weeks there and never tire of all the fun activities there is to do! Either you are traveling alone, along friends or with family, here are seven fun activities you shouldn’t miss: Snorkeling Belize is […]
As an Expat Relocation Consultant and Property Manager in Belize, one of the first questions I ask my clients or prospective tenants is, “Why do you want to retire in Belize?” It’s important for me to know, because I want to make sure they have practical and valid reasons. It helps me answer their questions […]
Growing up in Belize City I was exposed to a melting pot of cultures. I had friends who were Creole, Mestizo, Maya, Garifuna, and visited some of their culture’s settlements. But it was not until 2008 when I was accepted to study at Galen University which is located in the Cayo District that I […]
Actun Tunichil Muknal (otherwise known as Belize’s ATM Cave) is near San Ignacio, Cayo and is one of those places that everyone thinks is really cool at first blush: skeletons, caves, and the general feeling of being Indiana Jones when scoping out artifacts. Unfortunately, once you remember that the presence of skeletons mean it’s a burial […]
I have a tape of jungle sounds. Sometimes I put it into my computer when I’m working. It starts in silence, then dawn creeps across it like light across a sky. The trills of nameless birds, the croaks and cheeps of cicadas and tree frogs – the sounds of the Belizean rainforest are as evocative […]
Welcome to Crooked Tree Village, a neighborhood of friendly people… and wildlife! Believe it or not, Crooked Tree is actually an inland island. It is surrounded by Revenge Lagoon, Northern Lagoon, Western Lagoon and Spanish Creek. Crooked Tree is located 33 miles north of Belize City and two miles off the Northern Highway, connected by […]
After receiving clues that The Bachelor was coming to Belize to film episodes of its famous romance reality series on ABC, the staff at Ambergris Today went into full paparazzi mode. But we know not to bother celebrities too much, because we want them to come back to visit where they generally find solace from the hogging paparazzi in the […]
I was sitting in a jungle clearing in the Chiquibul Forest Reserve. My companions had gone down to the river to bathe, leaving me alone. The undergrowth rustled and disembodied faces suddenly appeared, followed by sub-machine guns clutched in arms swathed in camouflage gear. The Belize Defense Force soldiers (BDF) stared at me and I stared back. […]
DO NOT COPY posts without written approval. Email lorenzo[at]belizeadventure[dot]ca
- Funny Beliefs And Superstitions Of Belize October 18, 2012
- I Hate Belize… Belize City To Be More Specific September 22, 2012
- Belize On The Cheap March 22, 2013
- Kriol, The Lingua Franca of Belize March 28, 2012
- Belize Gets A New Logo! Yay or Nay? January 15, 2013
- How to make Hudut, a classic traditional Garifuna food November 25, 2013
- 30 ways to save money on a Belize vacation November 19, 2013
- The story behind Ambergriscaye.com November 12, 2013
- Preview of the Beautiful Belizean Women that make up the 2014 Belikin Beer Calendar November 8, 2013
- Belizean Music is Simple, yet Extraordinary November 5, 2013
- Michelle Williams: No hostels in placencia? I want to spend a week th...
- Belize Blog: Gonna have to skip the bender but the Sweet Ting r...
- Kevin: Tikal in Guatemala is a really nice destination....
- What It\'s Really Like To Dive The Great Blue Ho...: […] “Belize's Great Blue Hole is ...
- Lorenzo Gonzalez: Thanks, Anita. RIP! :( I miss your comments here....