I’m a man of simple pleasures, next to Rice and beans with stew chicken and potato salad, Hudut is my favourite Belizean grub. And with Garifuna Settlement Day recently occurring on November 19, I’ve been craving this traditional Garinagu food even more. I’m happy to be cooking it today and sharing the recipe with you guys. Hudut […]
Archive | Stann Creek RSS feed for this section
Here I am including a list of what I consider the best luxury hotels in Belize right now. Each place has something unique to offer, whether they are a hip boutique hotel with all the modern comforts and world class amenities or a rustic Eco haven in the middle of nowhere. If you think that […]
Backpacking in Belize can be both enjoyable and budget friendly if you follow a few basic tips. Belize is ideally located in Central America yet it’s more like a Caribbean island. The country is small, safe, easy to explore and locals are friendly and helpful. Luckily, it’s also an English speaking country. Just make sure […]
Confession: When I first came to Belize, I could not figure out why cars kept honking at me. Did I just drop something? Was I accidentally walking in their way? Or was it just harass the gringo time? When I finally asked a Belizean friend, she got a good laugh, because all those cars were […]
Everyone can agree with me that when you’re on vacation, there isn’t anything quite like hanging out by the beach, a cold drink in hand, gentle wind hitting your face, and gazing into the horizon as the sun glistens over the ocean or sea. And if you’re into sunsets (aren’t we all?), the perfect beach bar […]
For the twelfth consecutive year, the Belize Tourism Board (BTB) has awarded the country’s finest establishments of the travel industry with top honours during the National Tourism Awards. The reception was held on Saturday May 18, 2013 on the secluded Bannister Island, which is two miles from the Belize Barrier Reef and nine miles east-southeast […]
Belize has roughly 386 km of coastline and approximately 450 islands and islets that stud the Belize barrier reef – the largest in the western hemisphere. The islands are known as cayes, pronounced “keys” and the most popular ones are Ambergris Caye and Caye Caulker. If you are looking for a soul-stirring experience, below are […]
Here’s another weekly mashup (February 04 – 10) of the best Belize Instagram photos. All these photos are personally taken by the individuals in Belize. If you want your photos to be included, remember to tag them using the hashtag #Belize. Also, in case I might miss your photos, you can personally tweet me at […]
Here’s the weekly mashup (January 14 – 20) of the best Belize Instagram photos. All these photos are personally taken by the individuals when they were in Belize. If you want your photos to be included, remember to tag them using the hashtag #Belize. Also, in case I might miss your photos, you can personally […]
Brrr! Winter is here! It’s time for a well deserved vacation and nothing is better than sun, sand and sea. I honestly can’t pinpoint exactly what it is about beach destinations that make for perfect travel. I can imagine that women love it because they can work on the perfect tan as their friends get […]
DO NOT COPY posts without written approval. Email lorenzo[at]belizeadventure[dot]ca
- Funny Beliefs And Superstitions Of Belize October 18, 2012
- I Hate Belize… Belize City To Be More Specific September 22, 2012
- Belize On The Cheap March 22, 2013
- Kriol, The Lingua Franca of Belize March 28, 2012
- Belize Gets A New Logo! Yay or Nay? January 15, 2013
- How to make Hudut, a classic traditional Garifuna food November 25, 2013
- 30 ways to save money on a Belize vacation November 19, 2013
- The story behind Ambergriscaye.com November 12, 2013
- Preview of the Beautiful Belizean Women that make up the 2014 Belikin Beer Calendar November 8, 2013
- Belizean Music is Simple, yet Extraordinary November 5, 2013
- Lulu Stuart: Where can I purchase one? I would like to send on...
- Placencia\'s Best Food Spots - Belize Adventure ...: […] Placencia isn't only known for it...
- Michelle Williams: No hostels in placencia? I want to spend a week th...
- Belize Blog: Gonna have to skip the bender but the Sweet Ting r...
- Kevin: Tikal in Guatemala is a really nice destination....