So you only have a week vacation and you’re wondering if that’s enough travel time in Belize?
Yes, it is, and with the right itinerary, you’ll end up doing a lot of amazing things. For example, take a look at the below guide to see exactly how you can schedule your 7 days in Belize.
Related: Two Weeks in Belize
One Week in Belize
4 days inland, 3 days island (Cayo and Ambergris Caye)
- Your international flight will land at the Phillip Goldson International Airport (PGIA) in Belize City.
- You need to make your way to Cayo, specifically San Ignacio town.
- Go horseback riding to the Mayan site of Xunantunich or leisurely visit Cahal Pech.
- Stop for lunch in San Ignacio and explore the downtown area.
- Go Cavetubing or Ziplining.
- Have an action-packed day as you explore Actun Tunichil Muknal.
- OR, choose to explore Mountain Pine Ridge. Things to do there include visiting Caracol, Rio Frio Cave and the Rio On Pools.
- OR, take a day trip to Tikal, Guatemala. You leave at 8AM and return by 5PM.
- Time to head Belize City to catch a flight or watertaxi to Ambergris Caye.
- Stop at the Belize Zoo, one of the coolest zoo in the world.
- Arrive in San Pedro Town.
- See amazing wildlife by snorkelling at the Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley.
- Explore downtown San Pedro and eat at some of the best restaurants in Belize. Also, do some bar hopping.
- Cross off diving the Belize Blue Hole from your bucket list.
- If you want to have an entire day of diving, add the amazing Half Moon Caye Wall and Long Caye Aquarium dive sites to your itinerary.
- OR, go for the short nearby dive site of Esmeralda Canyons.
- Do some last minute shopping in downtown San Pedro.
- Catch a watertaxi to Belize City or fly directly to the PGIA.
If you love the beach, feel free to switch things around by spending more time on the island of San Pedro. Some of the above inland tours can also be done from the island by booking it via Tropic Air.