Having two weeks to spend on a trip to Belize is ample time to discover the best of Belize.
Since time is on your side, with the right itinerary, you can see the country from top to bottom, visit a few offbeat locations and still have time to relax and go slow when needed. Take a look at the below guide to see exactly how you can schedule 14 days in Belize.
Related: One week in Belize
Two weeks in Belize
4 days island, 4 days Western Belize, 1 day Guatemala and 3 days Southern Coast of Belize. (Ambergris Caye, Caye Caulker, Orange Walk, Cayo, Stann Creek)
- Your international flight will land at the Phillip Goldson International Airport (PGIA) in Belize City.
- Make your way to Caye Caulker or Ambergris Caye. Take a local flight or catch a watertaxi.
- See amazing marine wildlife by snorkelling the Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley.
- Explore the colourful shops of Caye Caulker and end the day at the “The Split”. In San Pedro, indulge in nice restaurants and do a little bar hopping.
- Dive the Great Blue Hole. You know it’s on your bucket list!
- For a full day of diving, add Half Moon Caye Wall and The Aquarium.
- OR, go Manatee spotting.
- Travel to the Cayo District.
- Stop off at the Belize Zoo or go Cavetubing/ Ziplining.
- Arrive in San Ignacio.
- Canoe Barton Creek cave.
- Explore the Mountain Pine Ridge Nature Reserve. It involves visiting Caracol, the largest Mayan temple in Belize, swimming at Big Rock Falls or Rio On Pools and trekking Rio Frio Cave.
- Visit the Mayan site of Xunantunich or Cahal Pech (great for early morning birding).
- Visit the San Ignacio Iguana Hatchery and explore downtown San Ignacio (market day is on Saturdays).
- Eat at Ko-ox Hannah, Cenaidas or Erva’s Restaurant.
- Journey into Xibalba, the Mayan underworld by touring Actun Tunichil Muknal.
- Cross the Guatemalan border and have lunch at Flores, Peten.
- Explore Tikal and spend the night there. Make sure you wake up early to see the sunrise from the main temple, it’s magical.
- Bike around Placencia and spend the day at the beach.
- Discover all the colorful bars and cafes and end the day at Tutti Frutti for the best gelato in the world.
- Spend the day diving or snorkelling at Gladden Split. It’s a bonus if you’re in Belize during Whale Shark Season!
- Hike the Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary in search of the elusive jaguar.
- Have dinner at Maya Beach Hotel bistro or Rumfish y Vino.
- Catch a local flight or shuttle to Belize City.
- Arrive at PGIA and leave for home.
Don’t be afraid to mix up this itinerary and explore other areas that I haven’t mentioned. For more options, start by checking out my Belize destination guide.