I’m a man of simple pleasures, next to Rice and beans with stew chicken and potato salad, Hudut is my favourite Belizean grub. And with Garifuna Settlement Day recently occurring on November 19, I’ve been craving this traditional Garinagu food even more. I’m happy to be cooking it today and sharing the recipe with you guys. Hudut […]
Money saving tips are always handy, especially when you’re on vacation. And since travel to Belize isn’t cheap, I’m sure you’ll appreciate my list of 30 ways you can save money on a Belize vacation. However, if you’re too frugal, it might dampen your experience; so browse through the recommendations below and decide which are […]
I know Marty because he runs Ambergriscaye.com, the largest resource for information on Belize. The website is massive; it ranges from recommendations on things to do, where to go, photos, early history, economics, real estate and published research studies to name a few. I decided to interview Marty because I hope more people realise the […]
Belikin Beer recently launched their 2014 calendar and…WAIT FOR IT…WAIT FOR IT…it proves that Belize has extremely beautiful women – not that any of you doubted that. I don’t want to come off as being mean but over the past few years, the women in the Belikin Calendar have significantly gotten better. Does that sound […]
Belizean music is a mixture of Kriol, Mestizo, Garifuna, and Maya. Each culture is known for a special genre but the general population listens and dances to everything. You might believe that the music of Belize has achieved little worldwide recognition, but with one out of every three Belizeans living in the US, and international stars such as Andy […]
San Ignacio town, or as it’s locally known “Cayo”, is the ideal place to go in Belize if you are seeking adventure. This small quaint town acts a hub for travelers in search of jungle expeditions, tours to ancient Maya cities, caves and countless other eco activities that get you up close to nature. Visitors […]
Here I am including a list of what I consider the best luxury hotels in Belize right now. Each place has something unique to offer, whether they are a hip boutique hotel with all the modern comforts and world class amenities or a rustic Eco haven in the middle of nowhere. If you think that […]
Many visitors travel to the western part of Belize particularly San Ignacio Town to explore attractions like cascading waterfalls, ceremonial caves, pristine rainforests, jungle rivers, and also visit the spectacular and ancient Maya Metropolis of Tikal in Peten, Guatemala. Just two hours away from the Belizean/ Guatemalan border, Tikal was once the sprawling capital of the […]
Belize is blessed with unique and outstanding monuments that receive worldwide recognition, the most popular being the Belize Blue Hole. Since Belize is still relatively unknown, these natural wonders remain unspoiled, but this is not only because of a low count of tourists arrivals; this is due to regulations that have been implemented by the […]
Belize and beers is not your average story, I’m almost sure the same goes for every country. In Belize you’ll notice that you won’t find a wide variety of beers and this is because the Belize brewing company has long had a stronghold on the beer market making most foreign ales prohibited. However, there is an exemption […]
DO NOT COPY posts without written approval. Email lorenzo[at]belizeadventure[dot]ca
- Funny Beliefs And Superstitions Of Belize October 18, 2012
- I Hate Belize… Belize City To Be More Specific September 22, 2012
- Belize On The Cheap March 22, 2013
- Kriol, The Lingua Franca of Belize March 28, 2012
- Belize Gets A New Logo! Yay or Nay? January 15, 2013
- How to make Hudut, a classic traditional Garifuna food November 25, 2013
- 30 ways to save money on a Belize vacation November 19, 2013
- The story behind Ambergriscaye.com November 12, 2013
- Preview of the Beautiful Belizean Women that make up the 2014 Belikin Beer Calendar November 8, 2013
- Belizean Music is Simple, yet Extraordinary November 5, 2013
- Michelle Williams: No hostels in placencia? I want to spend a week th...
- Belize Blog: Gonna have to skip the bender but the Sweet Ting r...
- Kevin: Tikal in Guatemala is a really nice destination....
- What It\'s Really Like To Dive The Great Blue Ho...: […] “Belize's Great Blue Hole is ...
- Lorenzo Gonzalez: Thanks, Anita. RIP! :( I miss your comments here....